Monday, October 20, 2008

What's on Second

Well, this one should be easy. Sorry for the delay - I got kind of busy at work.

Howie Kendrick
Positives: He’s a great line drive hitter, when he’s healthy. He plays a solid second base…when he’s healthy. He should develop some power, ummm, if he can ever, you know, stay healthy.
Negatives: Well…he can’t stay healthy. I don’t know what the Angels can do to solve this problem, but they need to do something, if something can be done. He also wouldn’t know a walk if it bit him in the balls, but if he’s healthy, he should hit enough to mitigate that problem.
Contract: Unless the Angels trade him (which I think would be stupid), he’s their second baseman for the foreseeable future. I’m fine with that. As long as he’s healthy…

Sean Rodriguez
Positives: He’s young. He hit a lot of bombs in AAA, although the PCL is an extreme hitter’s league, so that’s not as good as it seems.
Negatives: He strikes out every other at bat.
Contract: The Angels have him under control for awhile.

Outlook
I really like Howie. It pained me greatly to see him choke in the playoffs, but it’s hard to castigate him for 4 games. I’m really excited to see him play a full season. I hope 2009 is the year it finally happens. Rodriguez is a decent backup for the time being.

1 comment:

Brian Zuniga said...
This comment has been removed by the author.