Monday, August 4, 2008

Saruman Invades the Shire


Actually, according to the Bend Bulletin, the government has invaded the Shire. I thought this development was really cool when I first saw it. I don't know if I would like to live in a place like that year round (at least not until I retire and the kids have moved on, which is a LOOOONG way away), but I think it would be fun to own as a vacation home that you could rent out the rest of the year to other Tolkein-ites.

That being said, I can't imagine too many lenders are excited about niche real estate development these days, even if the prospective buyers of these types of places probably weren't hit quite as hard as others.

Too bad. I guess my family's dream of eventually living in a hobbit hole will have to be realized some other way.

No comments: